HalloweenHalloween gift presents are dropping, decorations are up and costumes are on - the annual Halloween event is back from the grave! This year also sees the addition of several holiday-related tools for creators. For example you can add Halloween decorations to the main version of your map and they'll be automatically updated, setup timed costumes for NPCs and use holiday conditions for quests/items/etc currently added for items like the Festive Barbed Wire.
- Added Weapons_Use_Player_Damage config options which causes weapons to cause the same damage to zombies and animals as they would to players. This raises the difficulty a bit on hard mode.
- Added onServerSpawningItemDrop and onDropItemRequested events for plugins to prevent certain items from being dropped.
- Added zombie backstab damage multiplier config option.
- Added timer and alerts when someone is leaving a group.
- Added several timed curated workshop skins.
- Added vehicle damaged event, item equip/dequip request event and player speed multiplier for plugins.
- Added ability for server to respond to custom UI button clicks. [onEffectButtonClicked, serversideSetPluginModal]
- Added vehicle options Battery_Burn_Rate and Battery_Charge_Rate, both measured in battery per second.
- Added ability for server plugins to bind to a few client hotkeys. [Defaults , . / ; ']
This patch is primarily unlisted network improvements, both to fix some recently discovered exploits and to prevent some potential undiscovered ones. BattlEye has also just released some upgrades which are now live, too.Miscellaneous other changes:
- Added F7 freecam option to display player names.
- Plugins can enable freecam mode for players without admin.
- Split Gun_Damage_Multiplier option into Highcal and Lowcal options.
- Fixed using rich text tags in steam/character name.
- Fixed to check buildable claims both before and after placement animation.
Carpat | NEW Timed Curated MapBattlekot and his crew of Unturned modders have just released their latest creation set in the Carpathian Mountains into the curated maps pool:
Why the weird timing?Recently some exploits were discovered which some cheaters began abusing to crash clients. The vast majority of netcode had individual checks to ensure it was allowed to be called, but there were a few that were incorrectly implemented. Rather than only fixing these cases I reworked how these checks are performed across literally all of the netcode, so that the same mistake can't be made again. In the process of reviewing the ~350 network message types I actually found another ~3 similar exploits which are now patched as well.There may be some strange side effects of all these changes, in which case I'll try to get a patch out quickly or roll-back the update.Edit: It seems the crash / log spam some players have been experiencing only happens if Discord is running, and is related to the latest version of the Discord API which Unturned updated to. I'm going to reapply the patch and disable the Discord Rich Presence integration for now.
- Added Max_Walkable_Slope option to level config. [Default 59]
- Improved vehicle UI to more clearly show when locked.
- Athens: Increased arena circle speed.
- Athens: Buffed HMG damage higher.
Athens Arena | NEW Timed Curated MapDanaby, the creator of Bunker Arena among several other popular arena maps on the workshop, has just released his second curated arena map:
- Added ability to ignore blueprints to avoid accidentally crafting them. Ignored blueprints are hidden when 'hide uncraftable blueprints' is enabled.
- Added 'allowed IPs' field to workshop submission tool which enables server networks to have workshop items restricted to download only on their servers when using the WorkshopDownloadIDs.json feature.
Recently added skins
Contact us to have your server featured on the page! (free for the first person!)