All updates from Unturned in one place.
Unturned Update Logs
Steam Awards 2016
Unturned has been nominated for the "I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award" award alongside Starbound, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Stardew Valley and Paladins!
Russia has frozen over for the winter! It's cold enough that a swim is an easy way to freeze yourself, but on land you should be fine - aside from the restricted visibility! The Festive Gift Present is also dropping again with some new skins and elf outfit, although at a 50% chance rather than the usual 100% because the event is longer than previously. A few curated workshop items were accepted this week, but there will be another wave next week so get yours in as soon as possible if you're working on a holiday themed item!
- Added rewritten/upgraded landscape system, new tools and holes support.
- Added Devtest4 map.
- Added basic type browser/content browser.
- Added terrain quality graphics option.
- Improved snow and ice to glitter in the sunlight and added option to disable.
- Improved landscape and nature objects to use triplanar mapping and added option to disable.
- Improved rain puddles not to form under main sea level.
- Added Earpiece.
- Added devkit save window.
- Added devkit object inspector.
- Added devkit asset browser.
- Added base functionality to devkit selection/transform tool.
- Added devkit undo/redo transactions window.
- Added per-server instance maps/bundles folders for limited server hosts.
- Added Walkie Talkie.
- Added ability to pop out editor windows and keep in fullscreen.
- Added new upgraded translation system.
- Added basic visuals for selection and terrain brush tools.
- Added new undo/redo system to the devkit.
- Accepted 9 new curated workshop items.
Today I was checking my inbox when I came across this postcard from the community modding team who helped work on the Russia map!
One week in and BattlEye has permanently banned approximately ~3,700 confirmed cheaters! BattlEye's been hard at work on improved custom detection features for Unturned and there's been a lot of progress on flat out blocking most current cheats. You can check if a cheater you suspected is BattlEye banned by the "Game Ban" visible on their Steam profile. Also note that if you skipped the BattlEye install step you can still run Install_BattlEye.bat in your Unturned/BattlEye folder to set it up!
BattlEye Anti-CheatOne week in and BattlEye has permanently banned approximately ~3,700 confirmed cheaters! BattlEye's been hard at work on improved custom detection features for Unturned and there's been a lot of progress on flat out blocking most current cheats. You can check if a cheater you suspected is BattlEye banned by the "Game Ban" visible on their Steam profile. Also note that if you skipped the BattlEye install step you can still run Install_BattlEye.bat in your Unturned/BattlEye folder to set it up!
Bastian [the creator of BattlEye] and I have been back and forth about integrating it for absolutely ages, and today I'm very happy to say BattlEye starts a trial run in Unturned! Because of how Unturned cheats work it should be able to completely block them, meaning all servers running BattlEye are cheater free!
- Added nifty new inventions available from Doc Ernie.
- Added settings for chromatic aberration, film grain, TAA and screenspace reflections.
- Added settings to disable anisotropic filtering.
- Added Coalition rank and quest achievements.
- Added config option for Ray_Aggressor_Distance, now default 8 rather than 4.
- Added skins for Hawkhound, Schofield and Masterkey.
- Added first step of Modules feature.