by Nelson Sexton
Posted on July 09, 2014
Hello!First off one very important issue is the servers. Due to the massive number of players the NAT facilitator can't be used anymore which is making it difficult to connect to servers, and therefore only port forwarded servers with a good connection can be joined. To help solve this, however, it would be possible to redesign the multiplayer from scratch to use the Steamworks networking API which would enable the following:
- Improved networking performance.
- Use of the Steam master server.
- The ability to join friends through the Steam friends list.
- Relaying data through Steam to make all servers joinable.
- Console-based dedicated servers.