by Nelson Sexton
Posted on November 02, 2014
November RoadmapNovember is going to be a huge month for 3.0, in that the majority of features from 2.0 will be getting brought in now that the foundation is in place. These are the big things that are being aimed for:
- Driveable vehicles.
- Crafting and harvesting resources.
- Building fortifications and bases.
- Skills and specializations.
- Customization in the form of faces, hairs, colors and the Gold suit.
- Footsteps, swimming, climbing, leaning and punching.
- Miscellaneous features such as audio and the ability to undo.
- Optimize the heck out of everything.
188.8.131.52 Update NotesThese are patch notes for the preview branch, not what's currently default. If you're interested in testing this you can join with the password "OPERATIONMAPLELEAF"
- Added new AI systems to allow zombies to jump through windows.
- Added collision and navigation version of every model to improve performance and allow areas to be cut off the navmesh.
- Added some new measures to prevent ESP hacks.
- Added the ability to swap items places in inventory.
- Added the ability to equip an item to replace existing primary/secondary item.
- Added wraparound snapping to the inventory.
- Added warnings when an object is missing navigation or collision data.
- Added support for bullet penetrable objects such as wire fences.
- Heavily optimized what the server loads to maximize memory useage and performance.
- Improved pickup animation.
- Improved bandwidth.
- Reduced fall speed.
- Increased hitbox size of small items to make them easier to pick up.
- Increased width of navmesh to make it easier for zombies to move around.
- Increased all LOD distances.
- Increased server physics rate in preperation for vehicles.
- Decreased rate of starvation and dehydration.
- Fixed a hit detection issue when moving and firing.
- Fixed clicking on primary/secondary on character dequiping an item.
- Fixed a bug where primary and secondary would still show up on character after dieing.
- Fixed a performance issue with the server repeating itself with zombies.
- Fixed a bug where the primary would not be updated when dragging out.
- Fixed animation jitter on client when players/zombies started and stopped moving.
- Fixed a bug with the menu clothing.
- Fixed objects that did not have a numerical suffix.
- Fixed a crash when joining servers.