by Nelson Sexton
Posted on January 31, 2015
February RoadmapFebruary is going to be a polishing month for 3.0 in that a lot of the features are now there, and it's just a matter of building on them to create a bit more new content. This is going to be a bit less strict of a month in that there are less specific goals other than to improve the game by doing things such as:
- Expand selection of buildables such as stairs, ladders, farms, chests and traps.
- Fill in the map with more detail, furniture and locations.
- Implement character specialties and skill trees.
- Improve the user interface.
- Boost performance.
- Better item spawning in multiplayer.
220.127.116.11 Update NotesIf you're interested in testing out this patch head on over to the Preview branch! You can gain access using the secret passcode "OPERATIONMAPLELEAF" in the Betas tab.
- Added ability to use backspace instead of delete.
- Added ability to ctrl-delete to remove an entire road.
- Gold member clothing no longer provides any warmth.
- Hunger is food, thirst is water and sickness is immunity to be more understandable.
- Swapped ghillie hood to hat slot so it provides heat.
- Reduced delay between zombie inside range and attack.
- Decreased sample counts of postprocessing. (ambient occlusion, light shafts, etc)
- Disabled specular shaders, so let me know if you find any besides on the ice.
- Black and white heightmaps are no longer halved since the vast majority of people have updated.
- Visions have a 12.5% chance of altering each color channel at the same time.
- Fixed pants being uncraftable.
- Fixed node and path tools selecting the opposite and crashing.
- Fixed pebble texture bleeding.
- Fixed a few cases of objects misconfigured.
- Fixed creating levels with the same name.
- Fixed duplicating items when holding it and taking the container off.
- Fixed navigation near water.
- Fixed visually small objects not showing up on map.
- Fixed water refraction/reflection draw layer distance.
- Fixed resources generating near edge of material.
- Fixed zombies cancelling searching when hit repeatedly quickly.
- Fixed ragdolls to be disabled with physics disabled.
- Fixed a crash when smoothing terrain.
- Fixed equipment input missing a patch applied months ago.
- Fixed map image resolution.
- Fixed a dumb performance bug with lots of objects. (although obviously large numbers of objects still drain performance)