18.104.22.168 Update Notes
Posted on August 16, 2019
FranceLast week the France map team released a sizable patch with a variety of interesting balance changes e.g. new scrap item for Focus weaponry. For more details: Read Here
- When searching for a particular map, the server list will only show servers running the same version as you have installed. The map filter has also been replaced with a text map name filter which allows searching for maps not installed locally. If a local map is detected (by prefix) the search will use that full name.
- Improvements to how curated maps are featured in-game. Rio's release was not as clearly communicated, so the map has been re-featured.
- Workshop maps feedback button links to discussion board.
- Dedicated server monitors for updates while hosting a workshop map. By default the server will notify players that it is shutting down for an update, but this can be configured in WorkshopDownloadConfig.json or overridden by plugins.
- Auto workshop downloads now try to use cached installs aggressively. Steam does cache auto-installed items for a period, but still prefers to re-download them. Now the game looks for the "Needs Update" flag, and if not detected, will skip re-downloading. The goal here is to improve join times for servers with large numbers of auto-download content, but if problematic, subscribing will keep the content up-to-date.
- Threaded console is now the default, but the older console can be enabled with -LegacyConsole command-line flag. This may conflict with Rocketmod's console on Linux until updated, however the hope is to improve vanilla dedicated server support.
- Hashed player hardware ID is available server-side for use banning. Cheaters will obviously use fake HWIDs, but it's another tool in the administrative tool belt.
- Server relay can immediately redirect. If there is a negative player response to this feature it will be adjusted or disabled.
- Made Mannequins moddable and exported an example package.
- Guns with fire delay can include "FireDelay" sound played at input.
- Slot type "Any" for useables that can be equipped in primary, secondary, or inventory.
- Can_Aim_During_Sprint option for guns.
- Allow_Magazine_Change gun option similar to Hook_X options.
- Should_Fill_After_Detach option for magazines. This effectively provides infinite ammo, with the trade-off of choosing the time to reload.
- Visible_On_Ragdoll option for large clothes.
- Vehicles now respawn up to max instances when multiple are destroyed simultaneously.
- Disconnect if server workshop usage does not match advertised usage.
- Fixed potential exploit destroying holiday / timed objects.