188.8.131.52 Update Notes
Posted on March 11, 2017
- Added blindfold. [ID 1464]
- Added a few more caves to Hawaii and large cavern.
- Added workshop upload wizard to devkit.
- Added automatic serverside workshop downloads.
- Added more foliage details to Hawaii.
- Added maple and pine beams to Hawaii.
- Added coastguard mega zombie.
- Tweaked coastguard spawns.
- Fixed potential problem causing rockets to explode early.
- Fixed no lighting mode to work more nicely with water.
- Fixed not broadcasting player position while rubberbanding.
- Fixed industrial pipe grate serverside collision.
- Fixed hospital fortification slots.
- Fixed airlock serverside collision.
- Fixed fences serverside collision.
- Fixed Hawaii waterpark duplicate water.
Under Windows > Wizards in the devkit you can use the UGC upload wizard to publish your content to the Steam workshop. It's very similar to the old tool at the moment, but has a basic file browser to make setting up the paths easier. Next up I intend to add a tool to make creating skins easier and faster to import.
Each server instance now has a WorkshopDownloadIDs.json file which the server will automatically download those items before starting up. It works similarly to the clientside downloads, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be going through properly at the moment. I've asked Valve about this and will hopefully get it corrected soon - but for the moment it probably doesn't work.