184.108.40.206 Update Notes
Posted on December 23, 2016
Steam Awards 2016
Unturned has been nominated for the "I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award" award alongside Starbound, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Stardew Valley and Paladins!
If you would like to cast your vote here's a link to the page on Steam:Vote Here
Huge thanks to everyone who voted for Unturned in the nominations and this final round, I never imagined Unturned would be in the running for an award so this is absolutely mind blowing! Regardless of whether or not we win the award, I'm very humbled by all your awesome support and proud to see Unturned in the company of these other amazing games!
- Upgraded all official maps to use the new landscape and foliage features.
- Added wizard to help convert existing terrain to the new systems.
- Added miscellaneous features required for the upgrade to the foliage editors and devkit.
- Added graphics option to draw foliage when aiming scope or binoculars.
- Added alert to the main menu when BattleEye is not running.
- Wrapped up presents under trees on Festive Russia map.
- Accepted a few more festive themed curated workshop skins.
- Updated to Unity 5.5.0p3.
- Tweaked new tree roots/stumps to look nicer on hills.
- Fixed placing doors/gates/shutters that open/close into a wall.
- Fixed foliage bounds getting reset to origin. (caused it only to stream in when looking at origin)
- Fixed edgecase incorrect foliage tiles passed into landscape foliage bake.
- Fixed undo/redo transactions with >1 depth.
- Fixed Pine_06 and Birch_03 using wrong shaders.
- Fixed House_1 using wrong fortification slots.
- Fixed to split in-game update notes paragraph meshes. [last one hit 65k vertices]
- Fixed old trees using new tree hitboxes but not new tree trunk scale.
- Fixed wrong name shown in some cases when cursor hovering over object.
- Fixed a problem with the NPCs object filter.
- Fixed projectile launchers to check for nearby surfaces similar to grenades.
- Fixed a lighting related crash when loading very very old maps.
All of the official maps have been converted! Check out the shoreline of Russia and the overhangs especially, I'm really happy with how it looks now. For a full rundown of the benefits of these improvements check out the Foliage section of last week's post.
Note that the old Ultra grass setting is about equivalent to somewhere between the new Medium/High settings, so you might want to tune it down. Enabling the scoped foliage option can also be expensive because it requires loading and drawing 2x as much grass.
If your GPU doesn't support instancing Unturned will show a warning next to the grass setting to let you know you probably don't want to enable it, although my guess is that if you were in that case you probably didn't have it enabled in the first place.