- Added graphics option to enable SMAA.
- Added ability to pose/mirror mannequins.
- Added ability to delete cosmetics/skins.
- Accepted a few new curated workshop items.
- Updated from Unity 5.2.5f1 to 5.4.0p4.
- Improved every single light to use emissive textures rather than halos.
- Improved server info to list names of workshop files installed.
- Improved server info screen to show config changes.
- Improved nightvision glow to enable/disable.
- Improved taclaser/rangefinder to work in 3rd person.
- Tweaked horde beacon zombie health to not scale up as much.
- Tweaked several more items to be scrapable.
- Tweaked zombies to gradually wander to where they came from when pulled.
- Fixed siphoning/refilling exploded vehicles.
- Fixed incorrectly placed window slots in mansion_0.
- Fixed profanity filter to cover server name/description.
- Fixed a potential exploit with group IDs when joining server.
- Fixed server info screen and in some cases drops not closing all menus.
- Fixed server disabling all resources.
- Fixed to completely prevent placing items that intersect a character.
- Fixed to dequip item if obstruction check fails serverside.
- Fixed invisible face_0 when refreshing character.
- Fixed dropship missing engine audio.
- Fixed a few possible issues with effect cleanup.
- Fixed looping bullet impact particles.
- Fixed arena mode returning duplicate effects to the pool.
The biggest timesink this week was getting everything working again with the new version of Unity, and for the most part it's all fixed up as far as I can tell, but there are a few important changes for mod creators:
- Asset bundle system has been changed, and the official tool in Bundles/Sources/Tools has been adjusted accordingly. Due to a change with shaders in asset bundles any older materials exported with previous versions of Unity will be converted by Unturned to the Standard shader when imported. New bundles you create should now include the line "Asset_Bundle_Version 2" in your .dat file to disable this conversion.
- Light halos are broken in this 5.4 patch, but don't look very good and I'd been meaning to replace them anyway. I went through every single light in the game and converted them to use emissive textures instead of the halos, and would recommend you do the same. Each case where a halo might have been used was updated in the examples folder along with the documentation.
- 5.4 complains about the negative boxcolliders with the flipped left-handed hitbox, but still works fine and can't really be changed at this point, so I disabled the normal output_log.txt and instead messages/exceptions are now appended to Logs.txt and LogsPrev.txt. This also means that errors can still be grabbed if the game was restarted, and are easier to find on Mac/Linux.
- VR level editor got pretty borked by the upgrade as well - with 5.4 it seems the assumption is that a game is either VR enabled/disabled so it's not very happy swapping at runtime, for the mean time it's disabled but fortunately nobody's using it as far as I know.
Valve has added support for filters in the market/inventory! I know this has been frequently requested so I got them enabled as quickly as possible - the inventory page should show them all, but it might take a bit for all the market filters to update. Right now the rarity/mythic tags aren't color coded, but once that feature is available I'll make sure to enable it as well.