The map you've all been waiting for is finally here - Russia is now available to play!
Russia is Unturned's new largest map clocking in at 4x the size of PEI/Washington/Yukon giving you tons of room for bases and exploration, and through its tiered loot progression provides an interesting blend between survival and combat. Many of the new gameplay features from the past couple months have been designed with this map in mind as well, for example the best items are hidden away in the new radioactive deadzones giving reason to loot the lower portions of the map for gasmasks/filters.
It's also been a bit of an experiment: until now Unturned's development has been entirely solo, but for this project I worked together with several community members popular for their workshop submissions to help on the map. This has proven a very interesting experience, and in the near future I'll be putting together documentation/tips/rules based on what I learned through the process so that this can be expanded to more community-created updates!
Thanks to Justin "Gamez2much" Morton and Mitch "Sketches" Wheaton for their work on the map itself, Alex "Rain" Stoyanov for creating many of the new driveable vehicles and Amanda "Mooki2much" Hubler for several objects/houses. If you are enjoying the map and would like to support these creators consider checking out the new Russia Mystery Box!
Rather than requiring a key to open, this mystery box is purchaseable for the same price as a key (the proceeds of which are split with the creators) and will probably remain on the stockpile page unlike the normal dropped mystery boxes. On that note: the Hot Mystery Box has been removed from drops and replaced with the Arms Shipment Mystery Box which contains skins for all of the new guns introduced in the Arms Shipment updates!
- Added Russia map and associated content.
- Added Russia Map Mystery Box.
- Added Arms Shipment Mystery Box.
- Added effect nodes for different ambient sounds/lighting.
- Added Precision Charge.
- Tweaked to give XP for healing other players.
- Fixed object power search while loading on server.
- Fixed workshop to show preview warning with >1MB image rather than failed to submit.
- Fixed crafting magazines not showing ammo total.
- Fixed minigun barrel spin not visible to other players in multiplayer.
- Fixed not playing out of ammo click noise.
- Fixed some bugs with attachments and skins toggle.
- Fixed Instinctive Timberwolf skin attachment color.
Note: The creator of Rocket mod (Sven) would like all Rocket server hosters/admins to know that kicking suspect accounts is now enabled by default, but can be disabled in the Rocket config.