184.108.40.206 Update Notes
Posted on June 03, 2016
SentryYou can now defend your base while offline! The sentry turret will keep a watchful eye out as long as it receives power and ammunition, and if it spots a hostile player or zombie it will begin peppering them with gunfire. It will not shoot people in your group or handcuffed survivors, and will suspiciously track enemies with their hands up.Similarly to the weapon rack you can mount a firearm in the turret's clamp to arm it. This means the turret is more effective with better weaponry, and makes the light machine guns more useful. Keep in mind that the turret cannot reload on its own, so it can be a good idea to routinely check up on your defenses and refill ammo when necessary.The sentry does have its drawbacks however: it has a lower firerate and accuracy than a human survivor, and will only scan a short area in its field of view allowing bandits to sneak up behind it. Likely the game balance will still need some adjustments, for example being able to place it on moving vehicles might be too powerful, so as always feel free to voice your suggestions once you've given it a try!
LibraryWith a library you can read and write books to pass experience points between survivors! Libraries tax transferred experience at 10% as opposed to a 25% loss upon death. This can be helpful for avoiding huge losses following repeated deaths during combat.
News FeedHello, world! If you can read this then the update worked - the main menu news feed has been upgraded to the Unity 5 user interface system to mimic the existing UI while taking advantage of several scaling improvements. Previously extra information like this was only available in the web browser with a [More info in full post!] tag, but is now easily viewable in the client, and thanks to Steam's recent addition of an image CDN for announcements all pictures like the ones above are downloaded as well.
- Added Sentry. [ID 1244]
- Added Library. [IDs 1257-1260]
- Added Oxygenator. [ID 1261]
- Added Counter Cupboards. [IDs 1245-1248]
- Added Counter Sinks. [IDs 1251-1254]
- Added Cot. [ID 1243]
- Added Fridge. [ID 1249]
- Added Oven. [ID 1250]
- Added Lamp. [ID 1255]
- Added Couch. [ID 1256]
- Added destruction to billboards.
- Added death messages for non-grenade explosives.
- Added option for static/dynamic hitmarkers.
- Improved in-game news feed to format all text and download images.
- Improved player loading performance.
- Improved flags to blow in the wind.
- Tweaked to only use dynamic hitmarkers for shotguns in static mode.
- Tweaked generator fuel capacities higher.
- Tweaked Dragonfang accuracy higher, Nykorev accuracy lower.
- Tweaked Grizzly barricade/structure damage lower.
- Tweaked grass to follow windy foliage setting.
- Fixed barrel quality not updating serverside.
- Fixed potential issue when attaching attachments.
- Fixed hide admins putting game in PvE.
- Fixed Yukon and Washington spawns skipping detonator.
- Fixed generator radius not showing when placing non-generators.
- Fixed items falling through tree stumps.
- Fixed snapshots spam when server at low TPS.
- Fixed Ship #1 appearing same color as Ship #2.
- Fixed invisible backpack when equipped while in vehicle.