All updates from Unturned in one place.
Unturned Update Logs
- Added dynamic snowstorms, options in map and config for blizzard frequency/duration and ambiance volume controls to limit rain and snow to specific areas.
- Added weather command which takes none, storm or blizzard as inputs.
- Added decal importer for custom decal objects. Example in Bundles/Objects/Small/Decals/Test_Auto_Decal.
- Added ability to translate EconInfo.json by appending language name e.g. EconInfo_Russian.json or adding an EconInfo.json file to your localization's folder for example inside the Russian folder.
- Added ability to translate keyboard names in /Shared/KeyCodes.dat.
- Added PSA banner to menu which might be used for time-critical events.
- Added deadzone volume to level editors.
- Added Socketwrench for removing tires. [ID 1507]
- Added ability for ambiance volumes to override fog settings.
- Improved workshop download support on the server.
- Tweaked top and bottom of vehicle to count as valid exit points.
- Tweaked to prevent building inside teleporter chamber.
- Added Secrets of Neuschwanstein easter egg.
- Added Prison Warden's Key and ability to lock and unlock cell doors.
- Added German versions of emergency vehicles.
- Added support for guns with multiple calibers.
- Added option for certain areas to have a higher max number of zombies.
Germany MapThe new Germany map is finally here and available to play under the Official maps tab!Germany is a new large sandbox survival map trying out several gameplay twists. It's more vertically oriented than any previous map with medium cliffs in the East blending into towering mountains in the West. It's more spaced out than Russia and has increased military presence similar to Washington including Coalition encampments. For the first time the military is using a mix of Military and Ranger grade weaponry. It also makes use of the features I've been adding the past couple months through areas like a submerged town with the most useful loot deepest underwater, cascading waterfalls, a burning crash site with primarily burning zombies, pathfinding for zombies over the city rooftops and quite a few underground locations.
3 Year Anniversary Event UpcomingNext Friday 07/07/17 marks Unturned's 3rd year on Steam! I can't believe it's been so long already. The time has just flown by, I've loved every second of it, and I'm excited to continue working on Unturned in the years to come.As part of the event Unturned will finally be transitioning out of early access, and to celebrate it will be accompanied by the 188.8.131.52 update containing the new map I've been working on these past months!(Spoiler warning!) Click below to watch the trailer for 184.108.40.206:
Map ProgressEverything in the new map is coming together. Next up the polishing steps such as lighting, balance adjustments, story notes, etc!
Hawaii Expansion Release
The community team which created Hawaii has been hard at work on an expansion to the map with tons of new content and locations to discover! It's now available to play and includes 30+ new quests.
- Added Empire.
- Added Empire Magazine.
- Added Devil's Bane.
- Added Devil's Bane Magazine.
- Added Luger Magazine.
- Added Swissgewehr Magazine.
- Added landmarks quality graphics option.
- Added teleport NPC reward type to move player to specific spawnpoint in level.
- Added crouch as a NPC pose option as well as Pose_Lean, Pose_Pitch and Pose_Head_Offset options.
- Added invulnerable and explosion proof tags for destructible objects.
- Added new guns and melees to skin source files.
Two new guns planned for the new map were finished this week and can now be found in airdrops. The MP40 is an antique SMG bridging the gap between carbines and assault rifles which will be improved upon in another upcoming gun, and the Determinator is a shotgun revolver with longer range but requiring better aim.